Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What Do You See Yourself Doing in 10 Years?

I hate that question…at least I used to.  It’s that standard job interview question, and when asked I felt that if I didn’t have the perfect, grand answer, then I would fail to get the job. Well, about eight and a half years ago I was asked that question when I interviewed for a job at my current company. The interview was for a technical support analyst (help desk) job.  It was my first “real” job interview and I was very nervous.   So when the big question was asked “What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?”  I calmly said “raising chickens.” Ha!  God has a sense of humor doesn’t He?  Well, I was blessed with a job offer despite (or because of?) my answer, and here I am eight and a half years later getting ready to go learn how to raise chickens! At the time of my interview, raising chickens was not at the forefront of my ambitions, the answer just came out because I didn’t know what else to say.  I didn’t know much about IT and certainly did not know what I wanted to be doing in 10 years.  I was doing what I was "supposed" to be doing, but it seems even then God was dropping hints about what His plans were for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment