Monday, April 23, 2012

Heaven is Calling

I’m reading The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer with my dear, dear friends from church.  God used my reading today to encourage me so I wanted to share a brief excerpt. Priscilla says “Yes, heaven is calling out, looking for the faithful who will not only wake up each day listening for it but will respond to it when they hear it…God in Christ has made us different, and now He invites us to desire the things He made us different for. This is what qualifies the faithful – those who recognize, accept, and pursue God’s path, knowing He will see to it that His calling comes to fruition.” 

This journey so far has been incredibly rewarding, but if I told you it wasn’t difficult, I’d be lying. If I told you I didn’t doubt and stumble, I’d be lying.  But God is faithful EVERYDAY to encourage me and show me that I am walking according to His will. I wake up every single day seeking God’s will and direction for me on this journey. Priscilla used Moses as an example in the chapter I am reading now leading up to the excerpt above.  He wasn’t perfect, far from it, but God used him anyway because he was faithful and persistent to pursue God’s will. Sometimes he even whined and argued…but he still relentlessly pursued God.  Whew!  I’m glad to know my whining and arguing won’t dissuade God from getting me to where He wants me to go.  I will persistently pursue His will because I hear heaven calling and I know God designed me for something and I want to do whatever that is. It is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment